The featured Pokémon for this week's Raid Hour is Genesect. By itself, Genesect is a Bug and Steel Pokémon. What makes Genesect unique is that, according to Pokémon lore, it was genetically engineered to have a drive slot that allows players to modify its type. Since Shock Drive Genesect will be in the Raid Hour this week, we can expect it to deal some heavy Electric damage.
The Raid Hour is hosted every Wednesday from 6pm to 7pm local time. Being hosted local time means that no matter where you are in the world, the Raid Hour will start at exactly 6pm, and you don't have to adjust for time zones.
Genesect w/ Shock Drive
- Type: Bug, Steel
- Attack Types: Bug/Steel, Electric
- Weak Against: Fire
- Strong Against: Grass, Poison, Bug, Fairy, Dragon, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Steel
- Fire attacks are super effective against both Bug and Steel Pokémon, so you'll want to use a Fire type to deal massive damage against Genesect.
- Since Genesect's primary attack will be Electric, you'll want to avoid Pokémon that have a type weak to those attacks. You need to use a Fire Pokémon, but make sure its second type isn't Flying!
- Electric attacks are not very effective against Dragons, so a Fire/Dragon Pokémon (Reshiram) is the perfect option against Genesect w/ Shock Drive.
Because Mega Pokémon are rarely used, we opted not to include them in the list of the best counters.
|Pokémon||Quick Attack||Charge Attack|
|Blaziken||Fire Spin||Blast Burn|
That's everything you need to know about the upcoming Raid Boss!
Be sure to check out our Pokémon Go Homepage for all the latest news, guides, and content for the game!